Thursday, April 8, 2010

Happy to be back!

Hopefully a few of you have noticed that I haven’t blogged in nearly three weeks. I feel a bit lost. Under Dr.’s advice I have stayed off the computer, almost completely, due to some unexplained migraines that were visiting me all too frequently. I have had eyes checked and blood work analyzed and I am healthy. Thankfully cleared of any major eye problems, or neurological issues, I can start blogging again. Whew. I have missed you and have been journaling in a notebook about some of the recipes that I have l played around with and meals we’ve shared. I am usually not one to have health concerns so these last few weeks have been frustrating yet eye opening. The reality is that I have spent far too much time thinking about all of the things that I wasn’t able to really indulge in. Even though I am new to blogging, I was enjoying it. I usually read a lot. I mean a lot, and I had to scale that down. I love television, I love movies. Is there anything that I love to do that doesn’t require some intensity from my eyes? Yes. Cook. So, get ready, I have been cooking a lot. Recently, I have even taken to making some soft foods that taste great, and not like baby food, for my Nana while she was having some ongoing dental issues. Spinach Pesto Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Carrot, Garlic and Fresh Thyme Soup and a Panna Cotta with a Berry & Lemon Sauce for a special Easter Dessert. Pretty good stuff. The Pesto Mashed Potatoes were really yummy, those of us with a proper set of teeth had them with Cajun Turkey Meatloaf.

1 comment: