Tuesday, April 27, 2010

"The sharper the knife..."

It seems that the universe is trying to tell me something. Can you hear it? “Stop Blogging” I think it’s saying. One week ago, on an exceptionally rainy, grey day, I decided to procrastinate typing up a stack of new recipes that have been accumulating in my notebook by making yet another recipe to add to my pile, thus adding to my blog. Soup. A perfect day for soup. Potato Beer Cheese Soup. My intent was to have this soup with turkey and spinach Panini’s. (Yes, I actually have a Panini maker.) I cut the onions. Set them aside. Peeling potatoes, then cubing them and immersing the cut cubes in cold water until I was ready for the soup kettle. A major mishap on the last potato. I cut open my pinky finger, epically. First I went to the sink. Then grabbed a towel. Made it to the bathroom to get a different towel that hadn’t been used to wipe up food in the kitchen. That might have been a mistake. What to do next? Call my doctor’s office that is just down the street to have them take a look at it. To no avail. Three doctors short that day. Looks like I’m going to Urgent Care at River Bend. My main concern with this idea was bleeding on the tan interior of my car. I tighten up the towel, grab my purse and phone. On my way, I call Ella’s school. She is due home in an hour. “Please get a message to Ella that I am okay, I have cut my finger and on my way to get it stitched up. Don’t worry, I’m fine, but it looks like the set of CSI at home.” A couple of hours, a tetanus shot ,a few vicodin and six stitches later, I am home and in pain. We ordered pizza. So, I am on the mend, stitches removed, gingerly typing this post. Let’s see if I can get some of these recipes posted in the next couple of days. You will not be seeing “Potato Beer Cheese Soup”. Perhaps the universe is actually just telling me to stop procrastinating. Thanks for bearing with me.

1 comment: