Sunday, May 9, 2010

Low Fat Banana Muffins

I have been fooling around with this recipe for a while and I think that I finally have it where I want it. They are moist and flavorful. I made dozen the other day and they were gone in a day and half. Enjoy!

2 c flour
¾ c sugar
2 t baking powder
1/8 t ground ginger
Pinch of salt
½ t cinnamon
1/8 clove
¼ c olive oil (yes OLIVE OIL)
½ cup non fat milk with 1 T apple cider vinegar (let sour for 4-5 mins)
1 egg lightly beaten
1 t vanilla
2 ripe bananas (mashed with a fork)

Preheat oven to 350f. Line regular size muffin tin with paper liners. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl and make a well. Combine wet ingredients, add bananas, then pour in the well of the dry ingredients. Fold gently together mixing only about 15 turns. DO NOT OVERMIX! Batter will be lumply.
Bake for 18-22 minutes. Test doneness with a toothpick. Remove from muffin tin and cool on a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment