Friday, March 12, 2010

Exhale


If you followed my mild neurosis yesterday you can rejoice with my daughter and me on the “B” that she got on her Psych final. We are thrilled considering the usual presence of test anxiety and self-doubt. She prevailed and got 80%. I am not only proud, I am relieved. So, in turn we had our “Celebration Dinner” consisting of Pad Thai (which I ended up making from scratch) , some garlic Ginger Prawns , opening this southeast Asian meal with one of my aunt Rhita’s sushi recipes. Remarkably tasty when there is a shortage of sushi grade fish available. It’s an adaptation of the California Roll, with the surprise addition of mango! Even my friend Karen might be able to sample this variety. So, studying into the late evening the previous night paid it’s due with an exhale of comfort and fulfillment.

3 comments:

  1. congratulations to you and Page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Page......
    Ang..printed out your pad thai recipe. I am sure it will be great as usual.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope it works for you guys. Please let me know, honestly, what you think...I can tweak the recipe where it needs it.

    ReplyDelete