Sunday, March 14, 2010

Farfalle Sundried Tomato Salad

I love this salad any time of year. It’s uncomplicated and full flavored. I’m sure that it is familiar to some of you that have been to a party or two at my house. It’s easy to keep the ingredients on hand for unexpected company or as a side dish to bring to a bbq.
1 lb farfalle pasta (bow ties)
1 jar sundried tomatoes in oil (Trader Joe’s has them already julienned and cheap! If you buy them not precut then stick a pair of clean kitchen shears down in the jar and cut them up. Much easier than a cutting board and knife for fear of losing any of that tasty oil!)
1 package crumbled, seasoned feta cheese (I like the tomato basil flavor)
Chopped Cilantro (I use a lot)
Cook pasta according to the package directions. Drain well. Put the pasta into a large bowl, add the sundried tomatoes with the oil. Fold in the feta cheese, add the cilantro, more olive oil if needed, salt and pepper to taste.
This salad gets better with time but I find after a day or two I have to add a bit more olive oil.

2 comments:

  1. Love your recipes. I think I can plan my weekly menu through you :). I'm going to make the pad thai and the chicken this week :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much. The pad thai was good and pretty close to our favorite thai restaurant. I am still trying to perfect the sauce so any input would be great. Last night's chicken ended up taking about 5 hours at 200 degrees. It was great, I should have done two for our family of four.

    ReplyDelete