Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Salt & Pepper Pita Chips

These are a favorite “diet” food of mine. I eat them with hummus, a salad or just by themselves when I am craving a salty crunch. It is by far a healthier choice than the Lay’s mesquite BBQ Chips that I really want.


I package whole wheat pita bread
Olive oil
Kosher salt & Pepper



Heat oven to 400f. Line a large baking sheet with foil or parchment. Cut pita bread in half, then half again, then those four triangles in halves again, making eight chips per bread. I usually stack two or three at a time and use a large knife or a pizza cutter. Put as many chips as you can squeeze on your sheet and brush lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle with kosher salt and cracked black pepper (sometimes I use lemon pepper). Bake for 7 mins. Then make your next batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment